Under the administrative supervision of the Home Delivered Meals Coordinator the HDM driver is responsible to deliver meals to any individual who meets Council on Aging (COA)guidelines and is assigned to this facility.
Reporting: All drivers report to the HDM Coordinator. In her absence, or if there is a problem please report to the HDM Supervisor.
- All drivers are to use their own vehicles. Monthly travel reimbursement is provided so be sure to keep accurate mileage records. Mileage sheet is provided and turned in to the HDM office at the end of the month.
- Must have a clean/safe driving record and have reliable transportation.
- Clock in and out on the time clock in the kitchen using the last 4 of your social. Hours are 9 am to 1pm, although some routes can be shorter or longer.
- Pick up route sheets and collect boxes from the freezer. (Routes are generally stacked on a cart by packers the previous day). Organize boxes by numbering them in the order they are on the route sheet for easy distribution.
- Pack a cooler with milks and yogurt and ice down before loading into your car.
- Deliver assigned meals following the route sheet. Please follow any “special instructions” below client’s name.
- Upon arrival, check sheet for box number, name, any extras, gather all and go to the door. Knock or ring doorbell.
- When you return to Central Connections, unload at the loading door. Dump ice in the grass and return cooler and undelivered boxes to their places.
- Report any unusual activity or concerns to the HDM coordinator.
- Maintain complete confidentiality with clients. Do not discuss any private information with anyone other than supervisor or staff.
- This position requires an individual who is sensitive to the needs of the elderly or disabled. Driver must be friendly, understanding, kind, patient, helpful and courteous to clients and co-workers.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $12.00 per hour
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Education: High school or equivalent (Required)
License/Certification: Driver’s License (Required)
Work Location: On the road
Salary: $11 – $13 per hour
Job type: Full-time
Number of openings for this position: 1
Schedule: Day shift, 8-hour shift
- Paid time off
- Dental insurance
- Frequently lift, pull, carry, 30-50 lbs.
- Constantly stand, bend, walk to perform duties
- Present clean, neat appearance
- Valid driver’s license
- Assist in making meals for HDM and congregate services
- Must abide by safety protocols
- Attend all training and safety meetings
- Assure food quality is meeting healthy guidelines
- Maintain cleanliness throughout shift
- Properly label all food in walk-in freezer